Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Random Conversations

Conversation over the breakfast table at a York Hotel

Me ….. I recognise this song

P……. does sound familiar.......

Me….. it’s that hot dogs thing.....

P….... oh, yes hot dogs, chocolate logs

Me……chocolate logs? It’s not Christmas yet – jumping frogs?

P……. it’s that Albu whatsit song....

Me …. Albuquerque...

P…….How do you remember these things?

Me…..Prefab Sprout

P……What?!!

Me….Prefab Sprout – they sang it.

P……Oh. Well at least it isn’t a Dexys Midnight Runners situation

Me… God, I know – it took us three days to remember their name – I kept thinking
it’s something like the Bow Street Runners.

P… and it wasn’t even them we were talking about at the time.

Me… No, it was all because I was telling you I’d once seen Geno Washington and the

Ram Jam Band's van with their name on the side. More coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment