Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Golden Glory and a bit of Jane

I know, you wait for ages then two posts come along on the same day but I just had to show you this photo. It was taken last night when we had one of the most glorious sunsets I've ever seen.



Actually no reproduction could do it justice as the colours changed so quickly from yellow to gold and then to orange before turning pink and then dark red before disappearing. I gazed and gazed for ages. Over the back of the house it was almost pitch black but out at the front we had a spectacular display of light and colour.

I've just found this quiz on Rosie's Wuddled Murds blog and I couldn't resist having a go seeing as I'm having a rather lazy day to day. Which Austen heroine are you ?

I am Elinor Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!

Still with an Austen theme. Sarah at This Closet isn't Big Enough has started an interesting new blog called A Jane Austen Fan and it is well worth a visit.

3 comments:

  1. What amazing sunset colours and how forunate that you were able to capture it. Thanks for the link to This Closet isn't Big Enough and her new blog. Hope you enjoyed your lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for noticing my new blog! And I took that same quiz...apparently I'm Elinor Dashwood, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rosie - thanks - hope you enjoy looking at Sarah's blogs

    sarah - my pleasure :) Elinor Dashwood is a good Austen heroine to be:)

    ReplyDelete