Saturday, April 11, 2009

Scenes from a Contemplative Walk

After the events of yesterday we just needed to be somewhere quiet and peaceful today where we could wander, and talk and think and remember and just enjoy the beauty of the day.



Under the shaded canopy of the woods lesser celandines and wood anenome competed for the prize of most prolific ground coverer.



We walked under trees and by babbling streams



And tinkling waterfalls



Past nesting swans


And hungry squirrels



Up stone steps


and down by the water



We saw wrens in the hedges and cormorants circling over the lake and as we ate our picnic lunch we saw our first swallow of the year.

10 comments:

  1. I hope your walk gave you some solace Rosie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect place to go to think and to grieve, it's really beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so lovely. I've never seen a squirrel and ...nesting swans are so magical.

    Love the waterfall ....ok I loved the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had such beautiful sites like this to walk and enjoy. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O my goodness the first swallow..if you see him again tell him to visit me for a while...I so love the sound af a swallow..the sound of a free spirit..The pictures are wonderful..great Easter weekend walk..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks a beatiful walk. Hope it soothed your heart a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like my kind of walk. So serene and lovely. I hope it provided you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosie,

    I have just learned about your loss, I am so very sorry. I know how much a pet can mean, they share our lives and have a place in our hearts.

    The weather is wonderful isn't it? I hope that helps a bit.

    All my love, Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only a peaceful walk, but also very beautiful. That is what I did on Easter afternoon.
    Although in Los Angeles it is impossible to find a place without many people on a holday with nice weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful, beautiful walk. I am just catching up on reading your blog after having flu. I have close bonds with my animals and understand what it is like to lose one. One thing I know is that it's all the lovely memories we have that are the most healing thing of all.
    xx
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete