Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Silver, gold and a few good books

Evening skies earlier this week.......

saying farewell to the golden sun

then welcome to the silver moon

A Quick Book Review

 

I just wanted to mention three books I read towards the end of last year.   Written by Miss Anna Dean they feature amateur 'solver of puzzles and myseries'  Miss Dido Kent.  Set in the very early 19th century in 1805/6 and half written in the form of letters to her twin sister Eliza as Dido writes down all her thoughts, suspicions and conclusions on what ever is going through her mind as she searches for the root of the problem.  When I picked the books up in 'The Works' I took a risk buying them, even thought they were only 3 for £5, but I'm so glad I did.   If you enjoy Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer or Agatha Christie's Miss Marple then I'm sure you will enjoy the enquiries and investigations of Miss Dido Kent.

8 comments:

  1. Great pics! I had a go at moonrise photo on Monday but it didn't really work.... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the moon one, very eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos - especially the silver moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun and the moon have both been beautiful this week - love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your moon pic is fabulous! Wishing you a fabulous blog year in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just how does this scavenger hunt work?

    ReplyDelete